Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What are these fittings/adapters?

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

    What are these fittings/adapters?

    I'm looking for a replacement adapter like the one in the picture for my return jets. The adapter is about 3 years old, and I can't remember where I found it. My local pool store doesn't have them and I'm sure it will cost a fortune if they have to order it.


    The left side of the adapter inserts into the return line and a screw expands the tabs to squeeze the pipe from the inside. The right side accepts a 1-1/2" threaded jet/adapter. I believe the old adapter was meant for 1-1/2" return line, but my returns have a strange fitting that restricts it to ~1-1/4", so I may need a smaller one. Can anyone point me to an online store that has these things?

    I had to use this rig to connect my old pressure side cleaner to a wall fitting that *nothing* will connect to. It was the only thing I could come up with at the time. For a little background, feel free to check out this thread:

    Attached Images Attached Images
    23KG 16x32 gunite, 120 sqft cartridge filter, 768 sqft solar panels, CircuPool RJ45 SWG

  2. Back To Top    #2

    In the Industry

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Phoenix, AZ

    Re: What are these fittings/adapters?

    Hi Stephen, To me that look like a Polaris stub pipe connection kit. I found a couple part numbers for you. You said you have a 1¼ inch fitting? If so you will need a combination of 2 parts according to Polaris. First the kit itself which is a 1 inch stub kit # 9-100-8002 + #8-841-00 which is a sleeve kit. Otherwise if you are mistaken and its 1½ inch the connection kit is #9-100-8003.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts