Anthony & Sylvan pool--Can you only use AnthonySylvan chems?

Apr 15, 2012
New house which has an Anthony Sylvan unground pool. The pool company (Jayson's) used by prior owner is an authorized Anthony sylvan retailer. They said Anthony sylvan pools are unique and require Anthony sylvan chemicals. I think this is bs, but realize I am new to being a pool owner and Anthony sylvan appears to use a patented filter system relatively unique I their pools--which might make sense to use the pool service company that is also an authorized retailer (Jayson's) for Anthony sylvan.

Any suggestions extremely appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Anthony & Sylvan pool--Can you only use AnthonySylvan ch

Welcome to TFP!

No, you do not have to purchase their branded chemicals. Go with whichever brand that you like. If you check out Pool School, you will learn about how to read the ingredients on chemical containers. This will allow you to ignore the brand and just get what you need.

JD - great question and I hope you enjoy your pool this summer. The previous post by Mod Squad is good advice - it is all about the ingredients and not all chemicals are made equally.

If you have any questions about your pool do not hesitate to contact me.

Alan Walker
East Coast General Manager - Anthony & Sylvan Pools

I built my A-S pool in 2004, and have used BBB since 2006. There is nothing special about an A-S pool or the equipment, mostly Pentair or Waterway. Filters are still usually DE, as far as I can tell from their website, same as in 2004. I hope they give you two-speed pumps these days; they had no idea those existed in 2004 when I asked for one.

Durk,

Glad to hear from you - let me know if you need anything on your 8 year old pool. We have updated our equipment since 2004 & we are not using the equipment you mentioned on your post today. We also still prefer to use DE for many reasons but can provide cartridge filters as well. And yes we are well versed on two-speed and variable speed pumps.

Thank you for your business in 2004!

Alan Walker
Anthony & Sylvan Pools

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.