Am I being coached right?

Apr 15, 2012
First of all, this is a cool website with lots of smart guys. Been doing some good reading.
I'm looking to get my first pool and the suggestions from the first bidder are below...(I hope its ok to ask knowing other mfr's are on here)
I think my primary question is "aside from the brand, fundamentally, for Houston, is this good for my pool needs?" It's ~16k gallon.

Pump 1: Pentair IntelliFlo VS-3050 (Variable Speed)
Pump 2: Pentair WhisperFlo 1 1/2 HP for features
Filter: Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge
Heater: Pentair MasterTemp 400k - NG
Blower: Polaris QT 1.5HP
Cleaner: KK Platinum (white) w/ booster
Control Box: Pentair EasyTouch PS-8
Remotes: EasyTouch Wireless 8 Function
Sanitizers: In-Line Chlorinator w/ Paramount O3 Ozone
Pool Lights: (1) Pentair AmeriLite 500w 120v
Spa Lights: (1) Pentair AquaLight Spa 100w 1

Thanks,
Robert

Welcome to TFP!

Unless you are going to have lots of people swimming all the time I would skip the Ozone system. It doesn't add much value to the system while increasing complexity.

Having a variable speed plus a separate feature pump seems like a bit much, but that really very much depends on how large your water feature(s) are.

They aren't popular in Texas, but I highly recommend a SWG, unless you have a lot of natural stonework.

You'll probably wish you had:

* Pentair Intellichlor
* Pentair Intellibrite pool light (in place of the AmeriLite). Our is a 12,000 gallon pool, and we put in 2 Intellibrites and love 'em.

We live in Tulsa and are considering adding a heat pump to our pool, as it can cool the pool on the (really) hot summer days, as well as heat it to prolong the season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.