New here, starting AGP install...

Apr 15, 2012
Hi all. We just became the proud owners of a new-to-us 21'x52" deep Cornelious above ground pool. We got a great deal on it, it comes with everything and is in great shape, except for needing a new liner. Also comes with an almost brand new sand pump.

We had an intex pool last year and loved it, I think it was a 15' pool. We got a LOT of use out of it, but it was taken down and not stored properly during the winter, so we decided to start over this year when we ran into this deal.

Last year the site we put it on was PRETTY much level, level enough to keep the pull up all year but there was a slight low spot that we could tell the liner was stretched, but it never broke or leaked. This time though since we plan to have this one up for many years to come, we did things the "right" way and began leveling the site. At first we started with just shovels, a plank, and a level, but since it was just myself, my husband and our two small boys working on it we decided to rent a tiller from home depot. That was SUCH a help! And DH used a piece of rebar instead of a nail to hold the plank in place in the middle.

It seems pretty level now. The level on the plank doesn't move much at all when its spun around. We also had a good rain that seemed to level it out and pack it down even more... which was also helpful because we were able to see where the lowest spot of the area was, and fill it in.

Here are the before, during and after pics..

before.jpg

during.jpg

after.jpg

So, now a question:

We plan to have sand delivered next weekend. I know we have heard "masonry sand", but we do have a gorilla pad that came with the pool. With that, can we have a cheaper but still clean sand delivered? The price range I saw seems MUCH MUCH cheaper for a clean fill sand.

Any other warnings or tips would also be greatly appreciated!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.