LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last year we pulled the light housing out of the water at closing as the bulb was blown out (due to somebody turning it on out of the water....lets' not talk about who did that :eek: ) and we saw that the entire housing was FULL of water. I was planning on replacing the gasket to start, and putting in a normal CFL bulb to test the light itself until I looked at the fixture up close.

Crack2.JPG

Is there anything I should be looking at after seeing this crack and the "rust" by the socket, or should I still replace the gasket and give it a shot??

Here's the make and such...but don't ask me what's what here. :D

Light_Housing.JPG

How much more work is it to replace the entire fixture? Do you have to re-run the new wire all the way to the switch, or can you use the existing wire and wire it up to the new fixture? I'd like to try and use this one as now I've gotta talk the in-laws into spending $200 (as it's their pool)for something I'm sure they'll think is "fine" but I really must agree with you that this one has came to the end of it's life-span (20 years). Thanks a TON for the two fixtures to look for as well. Finding info on this online when you have no idea what you're looking for is a pain!

You have to replace the wire back to the junction box, which should be somewhere around the pool not too far from where the light is. The new light will come with a cable already attached, you pull a string through when you take out the old cable, and then pull the new cable through with the string.

From the look of that crack, you will be replacing the fixture soon if you don't do so right now.

Got it....do then it's really not any different than a normal fixture in its wiring. Time to hand them a bill for this year. :)

I guess we've slacked, but Jason, you were right. We've left the light sit out of the pool so far this summer and the light is starting to rust even more. Fathers-day gift is now solved. :D

http://www.poolandspawarehouse.com/prod ... SP0583SL30

Is this light one that will fit? I can't find any info on what niche's this will fit. Thanks once again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.