Can cool decking be stained?

mxdad777

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 26, 2012
Northern California
I have a 28 year old pool with a lot of cool decking around it. The cool decking is in really good shape, it's just ugly. It's kind of a pinkish or salmon color that has faded. We would like to stain it a darker color, or at the very least clean it really good. Can cool deck be stained and if it can what is the process? Second, if it can't be stained darker, can I acid wash it or something else to try and bring it back to life? Thanks for any input.

An acrylic deck top-coat can be put right over Kool Deck. You would loose some of the cooling effect of the Kool Deck material but you end up with the better durability and greater stain resistance of an acrylic deck (which I actually prefer). You can chose any color top-coat you want. The Kool Deck will act as the texture coat. I have done this and it worked quite well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.