Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DIY Fountain

1. Back To Top    #1

DIY Fountain

I'm thinking about making a DIY floating fountain out of some PVC and a spare hose I have for my Polaris 380. Was wondering if anybody had done something like this? Figured I could also run it as a cooler at night like I had seen some others do. Figured on making a base ring out of PVC, filling with just enough water to make it float right below the water line, and then having a central pipe come up through the middle and fountain through the top. Maybe a home made version of this? http://www.coolbuzz.org/entry/brilliant ... -fountain/

Was just wondering if anyone else had made something like it?
    21,000 gal In Ground Plaster pool; Nautilus FNS 60 DE filter; WhisperFlo WFE-6 pump; Polaris booster pump and pool cleaner;Rainbow Lifegard HiFlow Chlorine Feeder (not in use); Purex Triton pool light;Hatteras spa light; Intermatic model PF122T Freeze Sentry pump controller; Sta-Rite U-3 Skimmer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DIY Fountain

It looks like an interesting project just keep in mind that as the water is forced up it will apply downward pressure on the fountain so you'll have to account for that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I figured I would start the floats with max bouyancy and then add ballast (probably just use pool water) a bit at a time until I got the effect I wanted.
    21,000 gal In Ground Plaster pool; Nautilus FNS 60 DE filter; WhisperFlo WFE-6 pump; Polaris booster pump and pool cleaner;Rainbow Lifegard HiFlow Chlorine Feeder (not in use); Purex Triton pool light;Hatteras spa light; Intermatic model PF122T Freeze Sentry pump controller; Sta-Rite U-3 Skimmer.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have that same fountain and for the money it works great. I am all for tinkering with things, but i just pulled the trigger on this one. There is no problem with it staying afloat, the problem is it wants to wonder around. It comes with a weight that you attached to the clear hose to keep it in the center of your pool.
    Dough Boy 12' x 24' Oval
    Wedding Cake Steps
    1500 SF Timber Tech Composite Decking

Video of my pool and retaining wall....Above Ground Pool Ideas - YouTube