Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelliflo/hurclon vx7t connection

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelliflo/hurclon vx7t connection

Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong section. I,m a noob at pools and need some advice from a brains struss. We are about to install an above ground pool fitted with a Pentair Intelliflo pump, coupled with a Hurclon VX7T SCG. I have concerns that this pairing will not achieve the best results as the variable speeds of the pump cannot be activated by the VX7T. Does anyone know how the connections would be made? I have read various web documents and install manuals, but nothing I read seems to identify any workable solution. Do I need to further purchace a intellicomm II adapter or intellitouch controllers. Appreciate anyone's assistance. Kind regards, Bruce (Brisbane, Australia)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelliflo/hurclon vx7t connection

Intelliflows all have timers built in. You should not need anything. It can turn on at speed A at a given time, jump to B later, fall back to a for a while and jump to speed C or D if you like.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

If you want to be able to control the pump, beyond simply turning it on and off, from another controller, you either need an IntelliComm II or a control system that supports Pentair data communication protocol (mostly only the Pentair controllers do).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

While what Jason suggests is true, I really don't see a need with an AGP.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

HI GUys,

Thanks for the quick response.. My concern was that the VX7T only has a single power socket to control the pump power. Hence the pump would only recieve power when the SCG supplied it. Hence it might not start unless a speed button was pressed.. I'll keep researching, maybe I should go for all one brand products.. Cheers

6. Back To Top    #6

The pump should have power at all times to be in a happy place. Save the port on your home automation.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC