measuring ladders for replacement

genespleen

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Hi All,

I'm in the process of searching for a new pool ladder (in-ground) to replace what we currently have. Our pool is *very* old (1931) and the current ladder consists of rungs sunken into the concrete pool wallk, with a couple of handgrips sunken into the deck.

I want to install a new ladder of decent length, so that people don't have to pull themselves up too far to reach the lowest rung. So I've been looking at 4-rung ladders rather than 3-rung ones. My question is this:

When I see a product description that says "4-Step; 5 ft. 3 inch," what does that length actually measure? Is that the length of the ladder from the top of the handrail to the bottom step, or does it measure something else?

This is the ladder I have in mind:

http://www.poolsupplies.com/product.../replacement-ladder-for-inground-pools-4-step

(Also, if anyone has experience with this vendero, I'd be grateful to know about it--positive or otherwise.)

best wishes,
David

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.