Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: measuring ladders for replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

measuring ladders for replacement

Hi All,

I'm in the process of searching for a new pool ladder (in-ground) to replace what we currently have. Our pool is *very* old (1931) and the current ladder consists of rungs sunken into the concrete pool wallk, with a couple of handgrips sunken into the deck.

I want to install a new ladder of decent length, so that people don't have to pull themselves up too far to reach the lowest rung. So I've been looking at 4-rung ladders rather than 3-rung ones. My question is this:

When I see a product description that says "4-Step; 5 ft. 3 inch," what does that length actually measure? Is that the length of the ladder from the top of the handrail to the bottom step, or does it measure something else?

This is the ladder I have in mind:

(Also, if anyone has experience with this vendero, I'd be grateful to know about it--positive or otherwise.)

best wishes,
    11,500 gal. rectangular cement, 11 x 28 (built c1930); Hayward S180T sand filter; Hayward Max-Flo II 3/4 HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: measuring ladders for replacement

I have no idea! Have you contacted the vendor to see if they know the answer?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden