shellsingleton

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2008
Lafayette, LA w/pool in Hot Springs, AR
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
I changed the sand in my Purex Triton filter late yesterday, and with the new back pressure I got a new leak. The back pressure is about 7-10 pounds higher than previously, at 24psi now.
The leak is coming from the seam in the black piece, shoots about 6' high, leaks for about an inch around it's diameter. I can shoot a pic of it in action, or even a video if you need. I'm wanting to know if I take the white screwed union apart, can I tighten the 2 halves of the black fitting or is it a glued piece that will need to be cut loose, new sand drained, and new black piece installed from inside the filter.
Thanks, Shell
IMG_1292.jpg

It is difficult to tell for sure from what you have posted. The most likely kind of failure is that something has worked lose and just needs to be tightened. But is is also possible that something cracked/broke in some way and needs to be replaced. If 6' means 6 feet, then a crack is perhaps a bit more likely than a loose connection. If you opened up that union, do you think you would be able to move the pipe far enough out of the way to see inside the fitting on the side of the filter? That would help locate/identify a possible crack and also let you get a better idea if the fitting is simply loose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.