Cell power error

Apr 14, 2012
Split off of this topic. JasonLion

We also are having the issue with "cell power error". We have opened and cleaned the pool, salt is at 3200, everything is good, had water tested. Still getting the error. We have unplugged, turned off etc and back on, error goes away for about 1 hr or so. We have checked the board on the back all is good. Wondering by reading other messages if it has to do with temp of water?

Welcome to TFP!

If the water is very cold, then water temperature might have something to do with it.

It would help us give you more specific answers if you posted a full set of water test results, including water temperature.

Re: Aqua Logic PS-4 'Cell Power Error' REPLACE????

We also are getting the "Cell Power Error". We have tried turning it off and back on, taking the board off and looking to see if any damage is on the back. When we turn it back on it works for about and hour or so, then error comes back on. I have read that maybe the water temps might have something to do with it. Our salt level is at 3200 and water tested is balanced, any other ideas. This happened last summer and corrected itself.

Re: Aqua Logic PS-4 'Cell Power Error' REPLACE????

What you are describing is the exact symption of a bad solder joint. You may have just missed it and it is not always obvious.

When you took the board off, did you notice any darken of the board opposite the k1 relay?

I have a "no power to cell" reading also. They checked the fuse on board and transformer. The service company said I need a new circuit board (Aqua Logic) for $622. I found the same one online (poolsupplyclosouts.com) for $275. But there is no phone number or return policy. Can I trust them? Someone told me that it could be just a 65 cent diode on back of board. Help??

I went on nocellpower web site. Followed instructions for soldering the burned out connection. It worked and I have power now. But, salt generator still not working due to high temp. Showing 152 degrees! Any ideas?
Thanks for the web site connection

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.