Question abut pool size

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
Every since we have been in our home I have been trying to figure out the size of our pool. When I did the initial measurements I came up with 22000, but everytime I would use 22000 as the size and put in my figures in the pool calculator I would add what it would say. Then I would test and it went over. So lately I have been using 20000 gallons as the size.

For instance tonight my FC was 3 and I wanted to raise it to 5. So based off of 20000 gallons to go from 3 to 5 you need to add 83 oz. So I just put in 80 since what I use to measure my bleach is in increments of 8 oz. So that was about 2 hours ago I added the chlorine. So I rechecked to see what my FC level is and it went from 3 to 7.5. If I adust the gallon size to 8600, I get my starting point of 3 and goal of 7.5 at 80 oz of bleach. Am I doing something wrong or what. I have measured my pool several times and I always get the same amount around 20-22K.

Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.