Planning to GC our pool and need some referrals in Houston a

Apr 11, 2012
Boy do I wish we had found this site when we had our last 2 pools, would have saved a lot of headaches. Anyway we are underway getting our quotes from the various trades but are having trouble finding good plumber and electrician . We have GCd our home and 2 flip houses so were thinking this cant be too difficult, but the projects are only as good as its contractors. The plumber and elec we use for the houses don't do pools. We are in the cypress area.

Re: Planning to GC our pool and need some referrals in Houst

Sorry, guess I should have been more clear. I'm open for any pool subs but specifically I need a plumber and electrician. I've received quotes from 3 gunite companies (includes dig, rebar and gunite) and 2 plaster company's (plan to get another one this week), I have a good tile/stone guy, and several bids to do the decking but really struggling on the plumber and electrician. I got the quote from the electrician today and almost fell off my chair. Generally we know the hourly rates so I would be curious what the average time the electrician spends on the job. Our breaker panel is 2 feet from the pool equipment, we aren't doing anything complicated. Here's the spec on the electric bid for $6495
                  1) Furnish and install electrical connection for new pool which includes: 
                        -2- pool lights, switched at equipment.
                        -2- 1-1/2hp pump motor connections
                        -1- connection to spa blower
                        -1- 20 amp GFCI duplex receptacle at outside kitchen area
                        -1- properly ground and bond the pool and pool equipment.
Maybe I'm just in for a rude awakening that we were going to save money this way.