Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pool foam instalation ?s

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex pool foam instalation ?s

Hi again all,
    I will be taking down my Intex pool and re-leveling and I figured I would throw some foam under it.

What thickness should I use and should I put blocks under the legs? Ive seen a post or 2 talking about not using blocks and not having any problems with the legs being on the foam.
    Intex Ultra frame 16x48
    Intex 1600GPH Sand Filter
    Taylor K-2005 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex pool foam instalation ?s

Quote Originally Posted by poolnew-b
    What thickness should I use and should I put blocks under the legs? Ive seen a post or 2 talking about not using blocks and not having any problems with the legs being on the foam.
    I can't answer you questions with direct experience. Take a look at this link:http://www.troublefreepool.com/foam-...me-t42304.html

From the discussion in that link, and if I was planning on taking the pool down each winter, I think I would try extruded polystyrene all the way under legs and all taped with gorilla tape.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.