Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filling pool today...

1. Back To Top    #1

Filling pool today...

Liner was put in today and the water is going in as I type. Can't wait until the water warms up. I'll post the construction picks when everything is done.
    41K L shape Vinyl IG, 2.0hp Jandy stealth pump, 300lb sand filter, Autopilot Dig-220 SC-60 cell, Dolphin Oasis Z5.

2. Back To Top    #2

Congrats!
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

3. Back To Top    #3
    Hey Simearl! I had my liner installed today too! I'm curious though....I'm not filling just yet. My PB has 2 vacuums going (I'm sure the neighbors are loving this as they try to go to sleep!). Wonder why I'm not filling and you are???

Karen
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

4. Back To Top    #4

Simearl, that's great!! You do know that we expect pictures

Karen, your PB is a moron! without the pool filling, there is NO need for the vacs to be running! If the pool was being filled by your garden hose, I could see having the vacs run - but without water filling the pool, it would make more sense to leave them off until the water started AH.... Well, at least the liner is in and you can expect water tomorrow 8) With a little love and LUCK....

If either of you have questions about the new liner or method of installation - I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Congrats to both of you!! I hope your pools will always be trouble free
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5
    Simearl, how's your pool fill going? How 'bout letting me know how long it takes you..then I can cut that by a third!!

Waste, at this point nothing would surprise me about this guy! I just want him done and off my property before I shoot him!
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

6. Back To Top    #6

PB put liner in yesterday at 3pm. Started 2 vacs and put the water hose in. I just checked on the progress 9am and the deep end is almost full. PB wants me to cut the water and vacs off when the water level gets just below the vac lines and give him a call. He said he'd come back out and adjust the liner if needed and cut the returns and skimmers in.

I have all the construction pic and will post them when PB is finished.
    41K L shape Vinyl IG, 2.0hp Jandy stealth pump, 300lb sand filter, Autopilot Dig-220 SC-60 cell, Dolphin Oasis Z5.