Ok, UNCLE! I give up

weise1

Apr 8, 2012
I have a Hayward Swimpure system, SWG is 3 years old and kept spot less. The salt level in the pool was tested professionally at 3200. The issue; I purge the system per one of the posts on this site to clear the memory then re set the salt level to match the tested level. All is ok. I then check the salt level then next day and it is at 2500 or less which does effect the generation of chlorine, not very efficient. What is causing this? Is this an early signal that the SWG is on it's last leg or the board? Like I said "Uncle"!

ok, the cell tested good on the Hayward Cell tester at the pool store. I set the salt level to 3400 last night and after I re installed the SWG it shows 2800, ok for the range but I'm sure it will continue to drop. ( Salt Level tested is 3200, water Temp is 71). Do I now suspect the main electrical unit is going bad? The reason I'm trying to be preventative is I live in Arizona, if the chlorine stops it only takes hours before algae sets in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.