Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Warranties: Robotic cleaners, SWG etc.

1. Back To Top    #1

Warranties: Robotic cleaners, SWG etc.

Can anyone give me a take on just why we are out there spending close to a thousand dollars or more for a robotic cleaner or a SWG and the manufacturer can only give us a year warranty on most of these products? Sometimes you can find one for 2 years if your lucky and the ones that go any longer then that are usually gimmicks once you get to the fine print or pro-rated. I don't know about anyone else but when I am dropping that much cash, I would like something warranteed more then a year. Do they not trust their product to function longer then that? And those of us that live in the Northeast really get the shaft cause we are really only using the product for 3 months out of the year so if anything happens the next season, you are SOL.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Warranties: Robotic cleaners, SWG etc.

I agree it would be nice to have longer warranties. But at the same time we spend upwards of 50k on a vehicle with a 3 year warranty ... that seems crazier.

Posted with Tapatalk
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!