Newbie Plumbimg question

Apr 2, 2012
Latrobe, Pa
This is my first post . I am from Latrobe Pennsylvania. I have an Itex 14x42 ultra frame pool. I have been looking around the site and I am planning to enlarge the fitting holes to the larger size as well as go with standard 1 1/2 inch pvc at the return fitting so the a can have a fountain permenantly attached outside of the pool but i want to be able to thread my intex pipe onto the pvc to allow for the movement of the pool. I seen somewhere on here the someone was using one one their thru wall skimmer but i cannot find it now.Any suggestions.

Hi, welcome to TFP! I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you talking about the pool moving from people splashing around, or moving as in taking it down and putting it up again?

If you are concerned about hard piping and want the plumbing to flex with the movement of the pool you can use flex pvc, or spa hoses which can be glued to threaded fittings. If you want to easily take down and re-set the pool you will want to use unions on the intake and return lines. Ball valve unions are even better, as they allow you to shut off flow in and out of the pool when needed.

See this thread for more intex pool ideas and tips.

No i was refering to splashing around. What i am looking to do is connect 1 1/2 pvc at the fitting by using the electrical box connector described in other posts going to a tee. Above the tee i would install a ball valve and the fountain but below the tee fitting i am looking something the will connect to the pvc and allow me to use my threaded intex hoses. Would this work

http://www.doheny.com/poolsupplies/Inte ... tings.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.