Heat Loss Question

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
Heat experts, I have a question:

I have a 18x36 V-IGP that is 20,000 gallons. I have dual heat (NG and HP). The pool is open and covered with a solar cover in Central PA. I currently get about 2F heat loss per night with air temp being 47 at night and 58 per day. Water temp is 55F after sunset and around 53F-54F in the morning, then fully recovers during the day. Question is, does this heat loss stay constant when the delta/difference between air temp and pool temp gets greater, or does loss get greater also?

We are to have a 49F low / 70F high on Saturday - as well as a 50F low / 80F high on Sunday. I was going to turn on the NG heater (400k btu) tomorrow morning to have to around 80F-85F on Saturday late afternoon. Covered while doing this with solar cover. Will my loss on the nights be the same 2F as it is now, or be higher due to difference in water/air temp being greater?

Sorry if redudant points, just making sure I am asking correctly. I am assuming at least a$70 bill to lift, but this is a good test of NG heater.

Thanks!

Ted

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.