Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Back for year #2 :)

1. Back To Top    #1

Back for year #2 :)

Just wanted to say "Hey!"

back for year #2 on our AGP, and using the BBB method has made things sooooo much better than our last AGP experience. That previous pool resulted in 2 summers of continuous trips to the pool store and non-stop battling of chems and problems.

Last summer just getting the pool was the budget, so small test kit and lots of hope. I found TFP while looking for methods of setting up & installing the pool myself, and this joint had everything needed information-wise. Almost seemed to good to be true!

This year the wife has allowed the same budget again, since I didn't spend last summer throwing money for chems at the pool

I got my TF100 in the mail yesterday- 2 days from NC via USPS, gotta like that! Thanks for a great kit Dave!

Next up is the deck project. It'll be small by most standards here, but another great addition nevertheless. I'll post w/ pics as we go!

Thanks again TFP!

7600 gallon Intex ultra-frame 18' round agp
    Intex 56681EG 2650gph salt water & sand filter w/ copper gen disabled
    Hayward SP1090LX Skimmer, deck & Blue Wave steps

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Back for year #2 :)

Welcome back!!!

Good to see that you got a good kit that will help you maintain an even better understanding of what your pool NEEDS ... and not what the pool store wants to sell you.

You never know who your projects may inspire ... so pictures are always great
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Back for year #2 :)

Quote Originally Posted by esr
    Next up is the deck project. It'll be small by most standards here, but another great addition nevertheless. I'll post w/ pics as we go!
    Small is bigger than my deck right now (none), I would take small in a heartbeat. Definitely post pics please
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.