Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cost of upgrading from manual valves to an automated system?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cost of upgrading from manual valves to an automated system?

I'm considering changing my manual system to an Easytouch 4 or intellitouch system and was wondering if anyone has an idea on the cost or if it is something you can install yourself. I only have a pool and a waterfall, no spa, so a total of three valves. I have a fence around the equipment and it has become a pain to constantly open the gate to make adjustments. I also have to admit I like the idea of being able to control and monitor the system using an iPad. Any ideas on how to best install a system, professional or DIY?

Thanks,
    Dongray

21000 gal,swg,variable speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cost of upgrading from manual valves to an automated sys

If you're fairly handy there's nothing that you can't install your self. If you have "Jandy" style valves the actuators will mount right to the top of them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cost of upgrading from manual valves to an automated sys

I installed an EasyTouch, IC40, and VS3050 myself. I did have an electrician run more power out to the equipment pad. I have not added any remote capabilities yet, but probably will
    someday. I bought an EasyTouch bundled with IC40 and 2 valve actuators. The plumbing was the most challenging part for me by far trying to make everything fit together.
    24,000gal IG gunnite pool+spillover spa, DE filter, IntelliFlo VS 3050
    EasyTouch 4 + IC40 SWCG, TF-100