Wheres the salt!!!!

Jul 3, 2010
I have a 21000 gal pool with a pentair IC40 salt cell. The pool is only 1.5 years old and we love it! Except for the constant replenishing of salt required. I believe bout 15-20 bags were added last year and during the past month I have added 9 bags.
It seems every time the idiot light on the cell turns green it will last about a week and then the light goes off and the salt is low. The PB sent someone from pentair to check the cell last winter but that was useless, he said the water was too cold and the cell automatically shuts down. Ok Im really not sure why the pentair person was here to begin with. The salt levels are always low and as far as I understand it the cell just separates the Cl it does not consume the salt. Does anyone have any recommendations? I thought the salt systems were supposed to be low maintenance and so far im not impressed. I have spoken with people at work and I mostly hear about people adding 1 or2 bags a year but did hear of someone regularly buying 4 bags about once a month.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Don Gray

Have you actually measured the salt level independent of the controller to confirm it is not a hardware issue?

If your salt level is indeed dropping that fast it could be a pool leak. Do you have an auto fill that could be masking the water loss?

Posted with Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.