Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pool on concrete?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex pool on concrete?

We have a small yard we have a 14ft intex pool with the poles not the self rising one. My husband wants to get rid of the dirt/grass and tile the whole yard can we put the pool on this?
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

2. Back To Top    #2
    save the money from the tile/concrete and just remove the grass and level the yard really well. If you are indeed talking tile, that can get really slippery when wet.

I have a good friend who has a very level 15 foot dirt circle on her yard, outlined with stones... They round-up the edges and put up the intex every season on this same circle. Looks a little odd in the winter, but a tiled yard I think would look different, too!!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3

Coastalish 'down easter'
    One other thing to consider is that if the dirt under the tiles shifts, you may end up with a corner of one of the tiles ripping a hole in the liner

If DH really wants to make the 'pool area' ~ permanent, he could level off the area, lay down some weed-block fabric and put ~2" of sand over it.
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4
    It's not really the pool area he wants, he wants the whole yard to be some type of concrete form rather than grass and dirt. ight now we have cracked concrete and dirt.
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame