Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for picture of slate blue pebblesheen pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for picture of slate blue pebblesheen pool

Hello,

I am 2 weeks away from plastering our pool..I've agonized over the color pebblesheen to use for WAY too long. Narrowed it down to blue granite and slate blue. I've seen blue granite in person but, there are no local slate blue pools for me to look at..if anyone has any pictures of theirs- I'd certainly appreciate a look at them!

Thanks!
    32,000 gallon, inground gunite, Blue Granite pebblesheen with luminous and shimmering sea shells

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for picture of slate blue pebblesheen pool

Have you seen Aqua Blue? I saw Granite Blue, Prism Blue, Slate Blue, and of those three Prism Blue was the best in my opinion. However, my wife thought it was a little too dark though so we went with Aqua Blue sight-unseen. It turned out amazing and two other couples who are building pools have since seen our pool and they also have decided on Aqua Blue.

Good luck!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks...yes, I've seen aqua blue..the base color doesn't go with our tile at all...the blue granite has too many black specks in it...so I might have to with slate blue..sight unseen! Scary!
    32,000 gallon, inground gunite, Blue Granite pebblesheen with luminous and shimmering sea shells

4. Back To Top    #4

Late to the game ... ours is Blue Granite Pebblesheen ... we're in Pearland.

We absolutely love the color:

Be sure to get the crushed abalone shell additive - it mimics the silica bits in actual granite.
    32x22 Free Form Gunite (3'9"- 5'3") 6'x9' Free Form Spa - 12 Jets, Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Color Logic LED Lights, AquaLogic PS-8 control, Goldline Salt Chlorine Generator, 1.5hp Tristar 2 speed pool pump, 1.5hp Tristar pump - sheer descents, 1.5hp Tristar spa pump w/1.0hp Blower, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, Hayward Tigershark RC9990 cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow..that IS pretty water...thanks for posting pictures!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by eggman
    Late to the game ... ours is Blue Granite Pebblesheen ... we're in Pearland.

We absolutely love the color:

Be sure to get the crushed abalone shell additive - it mimics the silica bits in actual granite.
    The blue granite looks really good.

I have Tahoe blue pebble, but wanted to comment. I agree, the abalone shell, or maybe some gold flakes, would have been a good addition.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

7. Back To Top    #7

That Blue Granite picture looks really good...It is also the color I wanted originally. However, when we went around to actually see the color in person, it looked nothing like what I have seen in pictures. I was bummed! I saw three different blue granite pools and they all looked sort of dull and greyish blue. Your pool looks a very crisp blue...I imagine your water quality is probably better than the other pools I saw too.

Anyway here are a couple pics of the Aqua Blue. I think it would match most any kind of tile. My father came by today and asked me if I put coloring my water to get it so blue...and he was being serious.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Matt in Houston
    Man that pic looks like you're coming up short on the dive :P
    I've found that time of day and how the sun is hitting the pool makes a huge difference on the look of our water. Also when the water is moving makes it look a much deeper blue.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

9. Back To Top    #9

LOL yeah you're not the first one to think that! No worries though, that pic was snapped just as I had jumped but it does look like Im coming down on the coping...lol.

10. Back To Top    #10

Your aqua blue pool looks nothing like the aqua blue we saw...the two we saw were very artificial blue looking- yours looks very natural and pretty. Thanks for posting..although I am now possibly more confused

11. Back To Top    #11

We chose to go with a NPT Stonescapes mini-pebble color that our PB called his "special blend"... From comparisons with the samples we've seen in their showroom, ours is the Tahoe Blue with abalone shells mixed in. We are in Los Angeles County and love our pool color.

Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir