Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: three weeks post plastering my TA is dropping

1. Back To Top    #1

Richmond, Virginia

three weeks post plastering my TA is dropping

Hi, I am feeling great because this site has already helped me solve one problem in no time time flat and I am am finally feeling good about my pool!

Here are my current numbers.

ph 7.8
    TA 60
    FC 4
    TC 4-5 (I guess I need a better kit)
    CYA 30
    CH 260

I plastered my pool 3 weeks ago. I read in several places to keep my ph 7.2-7.4 for a month. I have been adding muriatic acid twice a day and have kept my ph right at those values. Yesterday my TA was 50 with a 7.2 ph putting my CSI right at the bottom level of acceptableness.

So I let the ph ride up to where it is today.

My questions are now that it has been 3 weeks since re plastering should I just let the ph ride up closer to 8? I will still need to add acid clearly, Will my TA continue to drop putting me close to my CSI lower limits?
    15.5K inground plastered April'12. triton 60 sand filter 1.5 HP Hayward. combo triclor/bleach sanitization.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: three weeks post plastering my TA is dropping

I suggest you let your pH rise to about 7.8 (not 8!) and then drop it back down to 7.2 - 7.4 range.

You can add baking soda to increase your TA to about 80. Things should start to level out soon.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!