Contacting Wilbar for Sharkline parts

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
Hello,

Does anyone have any tips for getting parts for a Sharkline Escalade pool? It was supposed to have lifetime warranty, but the company where we bought the pool has changed ownership and now all they will do is refer me to the Wilbar Group's phone number which is the same one on their web site. That phone number is just a recording saying to go to mypoolwarranty.com for warranty and parts service. So I filled out a claim there and waited the 4-6 weeks for a response and got absolutely nothing except further into this hot weather! The web site is all screwed up. Right after I submitted the claim I asked how I could send more pictures and someone responded with an email address, but it bounced. Since then, every time I try to add a comment to my claim, it either generates an error, or just disappears.

When you click help or FAQ on the site it says coming soon. When I go through the ordering parts links and click to my pool brand, it says parts are not yet available. AAAAGGGHHH! When I call the phone number, all I get is a recording referring back to the worthless web site. If I press "0" I can leave a message, but no one calls me back.

So is this a dead end? Should I just look into getting a new pool?

Sorry to hear about this ... it does sound like a possible dead-end.

Unfortunately, a lifetime warranty does not apparently mean the life of your pool in this case but rather the life of the company.

I had the same problem with a travel trailer I bought and then the manufacturer filed for bankruptcy a few months into my 1 year warranty ... so local repair shops would not do warranty work because they knew they would not be paid by the manufacturer. :evil:

Well, here is to hoping you get some kind of response and resolution, but at some point you will have to decide if it is worth the wait.

Thanks to JoshU, someone from Wilbar finally got back to me with prices for the parts we need. The total for the parts we need on a 12 year old pool is $755, plus the cost of a new liner, and installation.

What would you do? Get the parts and repair or buy an all new pool?

With the economy being bad they have some nice deals going, like big discounts as well as 0% for 60 month financing.
We got our pool from the great escape but not sure if you have any in your area. Shop around and then decide.
We normally would not finance a pool but at 0% financing why not :) really nothing to lose :)
If the pool is in good shape besides what needs to be replaced maybe just fix it but also check out the pricing on new, we got our pool for almost 1/2 off original price and the 0%

Well, we ended up buying a Matrix by Seaspray today after seeing one on display in a store. Didn't realize it was another Wilbar brand until we got home, but husband thought the quality looked good and liked that there are no metal parts to corrode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.