Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does this calculation on the Pool Calc work?

1. Back To Top    #1

Riverside, CA

Does this calculation on the Pool Calc work?

I'm not sure how to calculate the volume of my pool. I've tried a couple methods and numbers range from 20-30,000.

I brought the pool up to a shock level this week and these are the numbers:

FC before shock - 3.0
    Added a full 3 gallons of 12.5% cholrine (HASA brand)
    Pool running from about 5 pm until midnight
    FC at midnight was 20.5

If I use the Pool Calculator to back into the number is comes up with 22,000 Gallons for the pool size to get this result.

The generic calculator on the Pool Calculator is 26,700 Gallons (20' x 40' x 5' Oval). The actual pool is irregular shaped.

I may try to cut the pool into 2 smaller circles and see what number that gives me...
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Does this calculation on the Pool Calc work?

If many chem additions work it out to be 22,000 gallons, that's what I'd go with. Don't base the volume on a calculation or one chem addition.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit