We're Aerating Now!

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
The pool store chemist (grumble grumble) told us to add too much Alkalinity on our initial first test. Two weeks later on testing he said "I told you to add too much" yet offered no solution. That's when I learned I have to depend on my own consistent testing results and ordered my test kit. Its actually been quite interesting and a little fun to tweak the pool myself. We learned here how to lower the T/A using muriatic acid and aeration, and started with a purchased fountain. It just wasn't quite enough so last evening my husband hooked up the small hot tub sump pump with a hose aimed over the pool. Its doing the trick! We started out yesterday with a T/A of 200, and this morning's reading is 150. I've been keeping the automatic cover off and only running the fountain/sump when I'm awake to monitor it, and checking & treating that pH often.

:cheers:

If you're having this much fun with a new test kit, you can double it with a speedstir.

With a test kit and the pool calculator and just a little bit of smarts, you'll have the pool chemistry perfect in no time. And it will stay that way. A few weeks ago I had a friend over and we were on the patio smoking cigars. He wandered over and stared down into the pool and said, "I thought you were exaggerating when you said you could tell the screws in the drain were phillips head!"

Richard320 said:
A few weeks ago I had a friend over and we were on the patio smoking cigars. He wandered over and stared down into the pool and said, "I thought you were exaggerating when you said you could tell the screws in the drain were phillips head!"
I know what you mean, such a bummer. I can see dirt on the bottom from the kitchen window. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.