Tf-100 test result for green pool

Mar 17, 2012
SACRAMENTO CA
Hi there tfp :) well I finally recieved my new kit and did a sample on my 20,000 gallon swamp :( and plugged in the numbers into the pool calculator chart and it said to replace 64% of the water with new water to bring down cya level to 40. I just wanted to run this by the forum to get some opinions before I proceed in draining 64% of pool water

Test results:
Fc= 0
Ph=8.2
Ta= 110-120
Ch= 450-460
Cya= 110

Welcome!!!

Are you running a swg? If not, then 40 ppm is a good target.

The only other option besides drain and refill is reverse osmosis which would also help your ch numbers. If that is not an option for you then a drain and refill is a good first step ... no need to use up chemicals before your cya is in check.

Take care regarding your under ground water table and vinyl liner if applicable.

Yeah, you really need to drain first. While draining, why don't you test your refill water for CH, pH, and TA and post those three numbers up. That'll give us a clue what to expect oncve your pool is refilled.

Unless water is outrageous in your area, drain and refill will be cheaper than R/O.

Thank you TFP for a quick response :)
Jblizzle : thank you for the response, no swg :( and no R/O aswell pretty basic pool setup. I started a partial drain roughly around 5000 gallons and will do another drain and refill around the same amount just to be on the safe side regarding water table.

Duraleigh: thank you for the response , once I get home from work I'll try and pull some refill water test result and see what it measure out to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.