Cloudy water...wife itching to hire a "pro" to fix it

Mar 24, 2012
I moved away for a year and came back to a swamp. I'm trying to fix it. My buddy turned me on to TFP.com and let me borrow his TF 100 kit. I've enjoyed reading the information on this site. My pool is no longer a swamp but the water is still cloudy.

On 1 Apr my levels were:

FC: 0
CC: 0
pH: 6.8
T/A: 60
CH: 90
CYA: 0

I added 6% liquid bleach and a couple of trichlor pucks

A later test had the following results:

FC: 3.5
CC: 1.5
pH: Not recorded
T/A: Not tested
CH:

Went on vacation and came back to clumps of algae floating on top of the pool that were easily skimmed off. My FC was at 0 I switched to 12% bleach. I added a total of 7.5 gallons yesterday. I used a leaf eater and pulled green algae, dirt and some small sticks and a few pine needles off the bottom.
I used drop out last night . This morning there was more visibility but still mostly cloudy.

Am I on the right track to get my water crystal clear? Levels tonight are:

FC: 4.5
CC: 1.5
pH: 7.5
T/A: 100
CH: 160

Just added a jug of bleach to bring back to shock level

Get some CYA in there for sure. The sun's getting your chlorine before your chlorine can get to your algae. And if you have salt and the water's warm enough, fire up the SWG. It will keep the FC level up between you dumping jugs in. Turn it off for the overnight test, though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.