Phased Renovation?

robrinker

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Due to the pricing I posted in my "Major Inground Remodel" thread, I am considering trying to renovate my inground in phases, and do some of it myself, in hopes of getting the price down and not having to swallow the entire expense at one time.

Is there any reason that I couldn't get the concrete and coping done now, and replaster a few years down the road?

Any thoughts or suggestions from anyone who has done their own builds or renovations?

Baring major surprises, it should be fairly straightforward to do the coping and concrete now and leave the re-plastering for later. In the other topic you were talking about steps, which complicate things somewhat as they interact with both the deck and the plastering. Without the steps it is straightforward. With the steps it will cost more to do it in two phases. It can still be done, it just isn't as efficient.

The steps do complicate things. We may just go with drop-in steps.

Will the skimmers need replaced? They look to me like they might not survive having the concrete torn out around them. Are they difficult to replace? Any suggestions on what to replace them with and where to get replacement skimmers if needed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.