Valve leaking on sta rite filter!! Help!!

Re: Valva leaking on sta rite filter!! Help!!

I have to assume it's a multi-port valve attached to the top or side of your filter. Perhaps it simply didn't get seated correctly in the slot provided.

If you are unsure what type valve it is, post a pic and we'll help you get it fixed. :-D

It sounds like the spring is broken. It'll be under the top works and since you have to pull it apart anyway I'd go ahead and replace the spider gasket and o-rings while I had it apart.

Your valve probably has a replaceable diverter assembly, the top of which is the part the handle pins to. If you take all the bolts out around the valve, you can get to the spring and diverter and see what has happened, assuming your plumbing has unions to let you lift the top off the valve.

Bonnie F said:
Thanks for the info, I have been looking on line for a good parts site and a diagram, any help with a link? Thanks

Can't find anything so far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.