Hayward offline feeder cleaning

sefrlw

Mar 25, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
So I have this Hayward offline chlorine feeder. The one with the small black hoses. I bought a 2nd one because I used some Magic Lube on the first one. These things are only good for about 2 years. At that point they get so much crust on them that you can't close them properly. Since I have 2 I would like to clean up the old one and get it ready to replace the one that is currently online. So my question is. How do I get the crust out of this thing and how do I clean up the Magic Lube mess? I know the seals are replaceable and have done that many times. Also I think I read about using silicone instead of Magic Lube. Any advice would be great.

Which model do you have, CL100 series or CL200 series.
Magid lube is what you want to use. It is teflon based. Magic Lube II is silicone based and is actually more 'gunky' then the teflon one.

The only place you need to remove the crust is where the o-ring(CL-200K) makes the seal at the top - I usually use a razor knife for this, though I'll use a file if one's handy -- You just want to scrape off the offending crust, if you take too much of the plastic, you'll never get it to seal again. If there is a bunch of the crud in the flow tube, invert the unit and scrape that out with a flathead screwdriver and rinse (you don't want this stuff clogging the control valve). If you get no flow through it the control knob comes off easily and an awl or finish nail can clear any obstruction, also check the backflow-prevention fitting on the effluent port and make sure the ball moves freely.

Thanks for reminding me about the CL 220 :roll: - over the next 2 months I'll be 'playing' with over 200 of them :evil:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.