Please see.. chemicals seems to be a little off.. just open.

Oct 3, 2007
My TA had to add 17 drops. PH is +7. I have a 21,000 gal inground pool. There seems to be no free chlorine, etc.. in spite of dumping a lot of chlorine, I did stop the pump for 3 days as we went out of town but am back now. All the Green Algae is gone and water is still cloudy but clean.. weather is still cold. The SWG shows a 3000 salt.. Should I add another bad of 40lbs salt. Base on that how much Borax do I need to dump into the pool to get it to show 7.6-7.8, currently it is around 7.0 for PH using the Taylor GFAS-DPD Chlorine kit, Calcium Hardness is around 250 or so.CYA around 6 something. Chlorine and Freee chlorine was fine before we left with arouond 4-5 but now it is all gone inspite of having a Chlorine feeder. What do I need to do to get the chemical balanced.. water is clear at least for now.

Re: Please see.. chemicals seems to be a little off.. just o

pectin232 said:
My TA had to add 17 drops. PH is +7. I have a 21,000 gal inground pool. There seems to be no free chlorine, etc.. in spite of dumping a lot of chlorine, I did stop the pump for 3 days as we went out of town but am back now. All the Green Algae is gone and water is still cloudy but clean.. weather is still cold. The SWG shows a 3000 salt.. Should I add another bad of 40lbs salt. Base on that how much Borax do I need to dump into the pool to get it to show 7.6-7.8, currently it is around 7.0 for PH using the Taylor GFAS-DPD Chlorine kit, Calcium Hardness is around 250 or so.CYA around 6 something. Chlorine and Freee chlorine was fine before we left with arouond 4-5 but now it is all gone inspite of having a Chlorine feeder. What do I need to do to get the chemical balanced.. water is clear at least for now.

1. Read Pool School ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

2. Your chlorine has been consumed. It will need constant replenishment

3. As long as you are generating chlorine from the SWG, you don't need more salt.

4. Leave your pH alone, it will come up on it's own

5. Your CYA test can't be 6. Please review the test....it should be around 60-80-ppm.

6. Focus on one issue at a time until you have everything right....don't try to do everything at once. Start by telling us the CYA test result. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.