Where do I start

jblizzle said:
The SWG tends to raise the pH just from use ... so I guess that is the aeration mentioned.
Warning: More info and theorizing then what is necesssary up ahead...

CO2 outgassing raises the ph of the pool, the faster the outgassing the faster the ph rise. Bubbles formed by the swg (hydrogen gas bubbles mainly I think) start out low in CO2 concentration and have a lot of surface area being many and being very small. Now for the theory part (the prevailing theory afaik): As these newly formed bubbles pass through the pool water, dissolved CO2 in the pool water comes out solution and into the bubbles (now as a gas again). Then, when the bubbles burst at the surface, the CO2 is released. Summarizing, the outgassing rate of CO2 is increased compared to a pool without an swg due to "tiny bubbles" (cue Don Ho) ...:blah:

...we now return to your regularly scheduled thread...sorry about that :oops:

Well, it sounds like my SWG can't hurt the process then. Below is what I have accomplished so far.

Started at: PH 7.6 TA 350
2 gal acid PH 7.0 TA 275
Aerate 9 hrs PH 7.6 TA 275
2 gal acid PH 7.0 TA 200
Aerate in progress again

How much acid and how many aeration sessions it will take......I have no idea. I'll just keep up the process until I reach my goal of a TA of 70.

PS For what ever it's worth, I have my salt cell running at 35% right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.