Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing a new Jandy cell- retrofit old one

1. Back To Top    #1
    Mission, TX

Installing a new Jandy cell- retrofit old one

Can I somehow take the existing tailpiece after removing the nut via saw and fit it to the new coupling nut by using a 2" coupling connecting the old tail piece to the new? I believe the old style was a 2" - 2" and the new is 2" - 2.5".
    My tailpiece is glued to my 3 way valve....trying to avoid removing the valve and replumbing all that, water feature and pool return. I can redo the input end from filter pretty easily and have room there after I remove the T that contains the sensor.

Dang pool builder wants to charge $200 just to come out ...... and $90/hr labor to put in the new cell...that's just robbery IMO for a unit that is 6 mos out of warranty.
    11,000 gal + overflow spa, IG gunnite, Pentair 48FNS DE filter, Hayward SP3210X15 pump, CompuPool CPSC36 Chlorine generator, pool valet w/5 zones, Pentair LP heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Installing a new Jandy cell- retrofit old one

If you can post a pic of it we'll have a better idea of what will and won't work.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit