Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help picking out a SWG for 15x26 oval above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Help picking out a SWG for 15x26 oval above ground pool

We are purchasing an above ground pool kit and having someone install it. However, we don't know what kind of SWG to purchase. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pool this size? We intend to have someone service it for the first year to help get our levels right.
    16000 Gal. Kidney / Gunite / South East Florida / Taylor K2006 Test Kit / Hasa Liquidator C201
    Jandy CS100 / Sta-Rite U3 Skimmer / Pentair Great White / Single Floor Drain / Single Return
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm still learning and I know nothing!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help picking out a SWG for 15x26 oval above ground pool

Welcome to the forum!
    I will leave it to the pros to recommend a size for your SWCG.
    You will need a good test kit and you cant beat the one listed in my signature below.
    You can manage your own pool cheaper with a proper kit and POOL SCHOOL (see my signature)
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Help picking out a SWG for 15x26 oval above ground pool

Welcome to tfp, cunnis

Assuming a 4 foot water depth pool (54" wall minus 6" to water level), it looks like yours will be ~10000 gallons. If you want to go the cheap route look into the intex swg. Others may have some thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by cunnis
    We intend to have someone service it for the first year to help get our levels right.
    With all the information and help here on tfp, you might want to consider saving you money and doing it yourself
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.