Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement pressure gauge.

1. Back To Top    #1

Jonesboro, GA

Replacement pressure gauge.

The pressure gauge on our new sand filter failed in its second year of life. When the pump is off the gauge reads 20 lbs. On the advice of a friend who's really into DIY irrigation (bored 500 ft well, installed his own drip and full pressure systems) I bought a "liquid filled" gauge from Northern for $12.95. My friend has run his liquid filled gauge for 8 or ten YEARS without failure.

Seems like a good replacement for the usual piece of c**p that the pool stores sell.
    This email is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and in no way are to be considered flaws.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Replacement pressure gauge.

I have read on here previously about spending the little extra money for the liquid filled pressure gauges. Probably a good idea for the long run.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Darlington, SC

I have always used the Wika stainless glycerine filled for mine.. Although they are pricey--they last for a long while
    here is the link to the one I use
    24' x52" Sharkline Venture (May 2016) ABG (13,500)
    Hayward S180T15932S --Sand filter/ Flo-Matrix pump pack
    Aquatrol-RJ SWG-- Nitelighter NLMC
    Pool Rover -- Poolskim --
    Duraspa G2- Premium hot tub --Rotomold style

4. Back To Top    #4
    Orlando, FL

So... 2 years on a $2 gauge, 8 and counting on a $12 gauge. Makes sense to me.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]