Couple of issues

numberonenole

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 18, 2009
Woods of North Florida
1. When I turn the handle on my sand filter it makes clicking noises. It didn't used to. Is this a problem?

2. I am using Wanda the Whale to clean and there are a little bit of pine needles on the bottom. Not much but enough to clog the pump basket. When I empty the basket and start to run the pump, the pump basket area doesn't fill all the way back up and the return water isn't strong. I have to backwash for just a few seconds then it works fine (until the next time it is clogged). This doesn't seem right. Any ideas what is wrong?

As always, thanks for the advice!

1) Maybe, maybe not. I know that's not an answer but it all depends. Does it seem to be catching, sticking or dragging when you're moving it. (you are stopping the pump aren't you?)

2) What is your filter pressure before and after you backwash? It sounds like you're not backwashing long enough.

Post a set of test results too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.