Need advice on AGP ladder from deck

Sep 12, 2011
Covington, Ohio
Last year we finally replaced our Intex pool with a 24'/54" deep Sharkline pool. This spring, we've extended our deck to the pool, and now I need to find another ladder. I've searched on this forum, as well as many other sources, but haven't found much in the way of solid, positive reviews. Most of them seem a little cheesy! I'm looking for a quality, deck mount pool ladder (not stairs), and am not as concerned with price as I am with quality. I'm sure there are many on this forum who have experienced this same issue, and I'd really appreciate your feedback on what has and has not worked for you.

My pool cleaner does get stuck occasionally. I think the safety barrior that comes with it to keep kids from swimming through it might alleviate that. Not sure though. It hasnt happened enough for me to put that on, I actually tried to install the safety barrior and thought this isn't worth the trouble and said forget it. The ladder does fill with water and holds at the bottom fairly well. It comes off the floor a bit every so often like and 1/8 of an inch but the bottom is smooth so it doesnt scratch the liner, and you barely notice it at all. The ladder stays very firm when getting in and out, the little bit it may pull off the bottom is not noticeable. I tried to put something under the ladder but it kept floating out so I said screw it, although to be fair it wasnt a pad that you can buy specifically for this purpose it was something I picked up at walmart. I think the ladder pads are thicker and will hold better than what i tried. I might actually order one this year and try it out. I love the ladder it fits very firmly and the angle of the ladder makes it more like stairs than a ladder, to me anyway.

OK, thanks for the input! I've read somewhere...maybe on here...that some will fasten the ladder pad to the bottom of the ladder to keep it from moving. Any idea how you would fasten it to the bottom?? Seems like using screws would be counter productive to protecting the liner.

I think I've read that they fold the pad up and screw it to the side of the ladder. I'm going to give that a shot when it warms up a bit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My ladder looks exactly like that except it does not have the "anti-entrapment" thingamajig. I have had it for about 10 years and love it! I don't use a ladder mat so can't comment on that except that not using one has not harmed the liner at all. It's very comfortable climbing, even for a big girl like me. We take it off and store it during the winter and screw it back on the deck in the spring. My Hayward Aquabug gets caught behind it very rarely.

If you do get it, just check the edges of the steps for sharp edges where the plastic is molded together. Mine had some sharp places that cut one of my guests pretty bad when there was a big group in my pool one time. It's not a big deal, you just need to check for sharp edges and file them down. It hurts like heck if you get a strong whirlpool effect going and slam your body into it, but I reckon that would be true of other stairs and ladders. ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I've had 3 responses, and all of you had the same or similar ladders. So...I ordered one yesterday. My only concern is attaching it to the deck. I stopped my deck just short of the resin top, and I'm hoping that the ladder will extend onto the deck far enough to fasten it down. If not, I may have to get a bit creative!

Attachments

• 0412120800.jpg
    0412120800.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 324
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.