what to expect?

lkrus

Mar 31, 2012
new to the pool stuff, will be setting up mine soon (AGP 16'x48" ) i have "city water" so what test do i need to do to get started off ?
do i do any now before filling pool, or do i wait until i have water in the pool? i did order and have the TF 100 test kit thanks for the help

Test the water you will be filling with and post the results.

You won't have any CYA in it so don't test for that and it's not necessary to test for FC and CC's but test for TA, pH, and CH.

1st water test results

ok i tested my fill water today i only tested for TA, PH, CH per suggested in another post i left
and this is my finding
(Using the TF100 kit)

Ta 140
PH 6.8
Ch 130

so what does this tell me about my water? this is a new pool (intex 16x48)
thanks
Larry

Hey, ikrus,

I moved this post into the one you started. Generally, it is a good rule to keep as many of your posts as possible under one thread so everyone can follow your "story"

I'm gonna' turn the question around just a bit and ask you, "What do you see that will need to be adjusted?" Normal ranges for those parameters you tested can be found in Pool School in "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" take a look at them and post back what you think.

This isn't a quiz at all and I hope it doesn't come across as being rude. There is a wealth of information up in Pool School and we try to get all the newbies to read it over and over....it's a great reference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.