uncovered the pool today.

Jun 5, 2011
Missouri
:shock: So I uncovered the pool to a pond. I had a leaf cover however it sagged a few times during winter, and now I have a bottom full of leaves. :grrrr: Anyway, got pump installed and running, and after an hour tested for ph, tested at 7.4, so that's in check. Started scooping leaves and such out and came back to test all. Numbers so far are as follows:

FC: 0
pH: 7.4
TA: 160
CYA: yeah right 0

So I've added about 20 oz of stabilizer, and a 5 oz packet of trichlor. I'll keep the pump running and test tomorrow. Am I missing anything, or am I on the right track currently?

Chris

duraleigh said:
Have you removed everything you can scoop out? What does your water look like?

Dave, i haven't removed "everything" as I had to take a break. I'm sure there's plenty more in there, however I'm trying to let the wter lighten up a bit so hopefully I can focus on what I can see. Right now it still green.

Chris

OK, thanks for the tip. I guess I'll go back out in a few minutes and scoop some more before night fall. Other than debris, is there anything else you recommend in terms of shocking or chemicals, or should I just leave the pump running and keep scooping until it lightens up and test again?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.