Enery Efficiency

Feb 27, 2012
So, Im looking to see if it would be worthwhile to upgrade my entire pool pump and or the motor to save a few bucks on my electrical bill. I'm looking for anyone who may have done the same and if any significant savings were observed. My current set up is:
Hayward S44T Sand Filter with a rated 63gpm
Hayward Multiport SP714 rated flow 75gpm
Jacuzzi magnum Pump with AO Centurion B128 1hp motor

I have a large Inground Gunite that holds approx 35k gallons (give or take)....

If I could simply get away upgrading the motor to a more efficient model it would be perfect, but I am having difficulty locating same...Any help such as comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

If it's currently a single speed and you switch the motor to a 2-speed you can run it 24 hours a day and still save a good bit of money.

The easiest way to figure your electric rate is to take the amount of the bill minus any outside lights, etc, and divide that by the kwh used. That way you get all the taxes and fees figured in without having to do a bunch of complicated math. It's not completely accurate but it's pretty close.

The only difference is that you have to have a switch, if the new motor doesn't come with one. They're easy to find and hook up.

Post back once you get it and we can guide you through hooking it up. It's best to get the motor with the switch but it's not a big deal if you don't.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.