While replacing my old pump, I was planning to plumb everything with 2" lines on the pad (all were 1.5"). The Pump, filter and new SWG all are fitted for 2", so it would make life easier. However, I quickly realized all the valves (Diverter and Filter), while 2" ports, had 1.5" reducers cemented in. Unfortunately I had already cut the Filter line too close to the fitting and only little nub was left. I tried plumbing a new 1.5-2" adapter, but after it set overnight, it still leaks.
So, I figured I may as well do this right and replace the 2 diverter valves, and the filter valve.
- I have the Hayward DE48. Is it only the slide valve that can be used for this? Or can I use the Vari-Flo? If so, any benifit?
- Is there only the one Hayward slide valve model? I only seem to find one model available for sale.
- Is there a preference with respect to Jandy vs Pentair valves? Outside the filter, everything else is Pentair (pump, SWG).
- I don't have an automation system, but if I do someday, does one valve have a better actuator?
- One of my old Ortega valves is 90 and the other 180. Do I need to worry about this in my new valve selection?