Easy Touch, Intelliflo, and IC40

Jan 20, 2012
West KY
The more I read, the more confused I get. Need advice on wiring this up. I'm seeing 2 different recommendations. Do Intelliflo and IC40 wire direct to breaker, or to the filter pump relay?
If to the relay, what is the proper wiring from breaker to relay and relay to equipment?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Easter!

Sent From My Inspire 4G Using Tapatalk

The answer is: it depends. When using a compatible automation system you wire the IntelliFlo directly to the breaker. But if you are using an incompatible automation system you might well want to wire the IntelliFlo to the relay. The SWG normally gets wired to the pump relay, but there are rare cases where the pump relay doesn't do the correct thing and you need to wire the SWG to the breaker.

Also need advice on wiring the 12 volt LED lights to ne controlled by Easy Touch. The lights came with their own transformer. I'm so lost, and so is everyone I'm paying to supposedly take care of a of this...

The intelliflo and the SWG both get wired directly to a breaker. They both work by way of rs485 communications to go on or off. The SWG won't go on unless its flow sensor shows the required flow through the SWG and it gets a a signal by way of the rs485 data connection from the automation. The SWG can be wired for either 240 or 120 volts so be careful. As for the 12 volt lights. If it's a plug in transformer you'll have to wire an outlet to one of the relays in the automation cabinet. Make sure you know what you're doing and make sure you're using the correct breaker (GFCI where required).

Thanks jongig. On the 12 volt lights:
We wired a gfci breaker to one of the aux relays, then fed the 12 volt transformer from that relay. I've not had a chance to test it yet though. Was this not the correct method?
I have an electrician doing all of the wiring. I'm just doing the research so we can get it right :cool:

Bluegrassman said:
Thanks jongig. On the 12 volt lights:
We wired a gfci breaker to one of the aux relays, then fed the 12 volt transformer from that relay. I've not had a chance to test it yet though. Was this not the correct method?
I have an electrician doing all of the wiring. I'm just doing the research so we can get it right :cool:

From the GFCI you fed the hot/black wire to the relay and then to the transformer, you connected the neutral/white wire from the GFCI to the transformer, correct. The only note would be is that most transformers are not made to connect directly to a breaker box but have a 120 volt plug. If the transformer has a plug you must add a outlet box to plug it in to.

The transformer has no plug. Testing with a meter, we find that the relay is not closing. It has to be a setting/circuit name/function issue. I've spent 4 hours messing with it this evening and I'm about ready to tear it out and go with no automation and simple timers. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.