Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thought it was time I introduced myself!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thought it was time I introduced myself!

I've been here for a few weeks now, reading a lot and posting now and then, and thought that it was finally time to officially say "hello" and introduce myself!

We own a custom shed manufacturing business and we build quite a number of poolhouses and storage sheds for pool supplies. We finally got tired of just selling these structures and thought it was time we got ourselves a pool! We are currently under construction here: 16-x-32-vinyl-installation-t42194.html . We interviewed with 4 PB's (maybe 5?) and got started pretty quickly after deciding to move forward, basically because if we waited any longer we would be too swamped with work and would not have time to deal with it. We don't plan on being in this home forever, so I really didn't want anything too large, expensive or extravagant. Easy maintenance is our main goal because we work 6 days a week (long days!) especially during the spring, summer & fall. We don't have time to go away for vacation during these months, and decided we needed to be able to relax as much as possible at home.

We have two 20-something sons, and the younger one just moved back home after college. I am convinced it was because he learned we were building a pool - and I am thinking "great, now he'll never leave!" He's already planning on taking over my buddy seat!

We hit a lot of rock during the dig, so I have been spending all of my free time roaming the yard with a wheelbarrow collecting those that didn't get hauled away so that they don't get pushed back in during the final grading. The really large ones we kept to the side so that I can hopefully use them in a retaining wall that we'll need to build. Isn't it funny how you never notice how much of a slope you really have until you need a level area?

Anyway, I have learned a lot over the past few weeks, and I know I need to learn more (never had a pool before!). Every day I find something new to stress over with this construction and decision phase. Can't wait until this process is done so that I can sit with margarita in hand and relax!
    16 x 32 vinyl In-ground Lagoon; Shallow pool 3' to 5'; Buddy Seat; IntelliBrite 5g LED; Pool Pilor Digital SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320; Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS; Pentair Sand Shark. My Construction Thread - Spring 2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thought it was time I introduced myself!

Welcome to the forum

Great intro and you know your kids will help you with the [s:3k4ym6n8]margaritas[/s:3k4ym6n8] I mean maintenance :P

Be sure to post lotsa pics in your construction thread
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the nice welcome, Butterfly!
    The older son is already planning a visit back home for opening weekend (whenever that might be). I have a feeling he will be visiting more often this summer!
    16 x 32 vinyl In-ground Lagoon; Shallow pool 3' to 5'; Buddy Seat; IntelliBrite 5g LED; Pool Pilor Digital SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320; Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS; Pentair Sand Shark. My Construction Thread - Spring 2012

4. Back To Top    #4

Stilly, fair warning - you're gonna need a bigger grill
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

You're not kidding! They are already planning on a pig roast for July 4th. I may need a vacation from my backyard staycation!

6. Back To Top    #6

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks, Big_Kid!