Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to start?? WWYD?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to start?? WWYD?

Ok, My pool has not been touched in several months, looks like the black lagoon, and I think there are creatures!
    My chemical levels are all pretty much 0, and I am debating on whether to start the pump/filter with a zillion gallons of bleach, OR drain it and start over.
    It does have leaves, sticks, and maybe branches in it, we had a storm that blew the cover off, and several large oak trees in the yard so I can just imagine. So , Opinions? drain and start over, or run the filter and see what I have to work with? WWYD?

I can blame this all on the flu, chicken pox, and a much needed vacation.
    Hurricane Rita did not kill me, but she killed my pool!

Intex 36'X18'x52" "elliptical pool"/ Hayward 220 filter/1HP pump 14,364 gal, or so

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD
    Cleaning up the pool shouldn't be too bad. Draining is likely to be more difficult and definitely has more risks. Check out this thread, it has lots of directions on how to proceed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School