120V lights?

jr219

Oct 2, 2011
My pool has 120V lights. What are my options for getting some color changing options? It has two lights. They are correctly on a GFI. Is it just a bulb you can replace in the units? Is it an option to convert these to 12V w/ transformer? Is the "niche" universal for the most part?

Also -- I have a super vision fiberoptic light (now Nexxus?). How can I find out if I could retrofit LED lights into this without having to do any finish work? The super vision stuff isn't very bright and I don't really like the noise, etc. There are 3 conduits running to the lights. Interesting that one of the conduits has two sets of FIber running into it?

Thanks!

-jr

How old is your pool? Some of the older light niches were smaller and seem to be a little more difficult finding color LED bulbs for them. I replace mine with a ColorSplash 3G ... just pulled the fixture out of the water and replaced the bulb. The colors and shows are adjusted by switching the light switch on and off for a certain period of time.

Not sure about the conversion to 12V of the fiberoptics ... those would certainly be more work and $ than just changing the main pool bulb out.

The pool was built in 2008. I should be able to just pull out the fixed with the one screw at top of fixture and then take it out of pool? crack it open, replace it with the new bulb, replace gasket and then put it back together and back in the pool. Right? Doesn't seem all that complicated.

-jr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.