Cost of AquaComfort heat pump

NomDePlume

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 24, 2012
Central NJ
Hello,

Just joined the site, love it, a great source of information. We are getting a Mountain Lake pool installed end of month and trying to decide on last minute things. Pool will be 21x40 (3.5 to 8') I have been reading this site for all the heat pump threads, but one thing I haven't been able to get an idea is the cost of getting one installed (cost of equipment + labor). I called our pool company and waiting to hear back (guy on the phone told me from $4K to $8K but he wasn't sure at all! the sales guy will call me back on Monday), we are now just dying to know.. if we can afford one.
The AquaComfort website and google came back empty: no price anywhere I can find.

Looking at AquaComfort ACT-150 (although that's really based on my own reading). If anybody got one, would love to get an idea on cost and how it's working for you.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

I don't see any published prices for AquaComfort, but similar units of other brands are around $4000 for the unit alone without the install. The cost to install isn't usually too bad, but it can go up significantly in some situations depending on how far the power line needs to run and what obstacles there are along the way.

We live in Central Jersey. We have natural gas but was told it's super expensive to run, so we didn't even look into it.

Actually last night we just found a solar pool company here in New Jersey and I will call them on Monday (www.solarswim.net) we have plenty of land facing south behind. Sounds like the same install price as a heat pump, with all the controls and things, but then no energy cost.

So many things sometimes my head is spinning.

Gas isn't that expensive really. If it were me, I'd ditch the heat pump and get the solar. If you want to extend the swim season a bit on either end and put some heat in the pool when the solar needs help, add a gas heater. If you have NG, I wouldn't even consider a heat pump at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.